The High Desert Trail Riders Back Country Horsemen is dedicated to good horsemanship, good sportsmanship, the promotion of horse trails and trail horse facilities, to provide an active program of recreational riding.
Our active chapter has trail rides, pack trips, work parties, training clinics, and the Horse Packing and Wilderness Skills Clinic, which is the best educational event of its kind on the West Coast. We are involved with the Federal Agencies providing volunteer labor on trails and trail heads and work with them on management issues and regulations regarding equestrian use on Public Lands.
Follow Us on our Web Site at www.hdtrbch.org and don’t forget the Annual Horse Packing Wilderness Skills Clinic, May 5-7, 2017.
See our Chapter Calendar
Please subscribe to our calendar to view our events on our personal on-line calendar.
- President: Betty Applebaker firstname.lastname@example.org 541-891-8220
- Vice President: Kelly Behr email@example.com 541-892-4844
- 2nd Vice President: Maria Meister
- Past President: Jim Icenbice firstname.lastname@example.org 541-892-2647
- State Director: Lona Phipps 541-880-8851 email@example.com
- Secretary : Liz Warren firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Maria Meister email@example.com 831-235-3031
- Dan Applebaker firstname.lastname@example.org 541-798-5005
- Debbie Hilbert SteveH@Lonesomeduck.com 541-783-2783
- Joni Kelly
- Ken Gudgeon 541-810-3777
- Brenda Teaford email@example.com 541-274-0746
- Jeremy Lorenz firstname.lastname@example.org 541-892-0457
- Steve Jewel email@example.com 541-887-9019
- Dick Strohkirch firstname.lastname@example.org 541-884-7884
- Education: Betty Applebaker email@example.com 541-891-8220
- Newsletter: Carole Hopkins firstname.lastname@example.org 541-591-1805
- Membership: Tammy Nivens email@example.com 541-786-1968
- Legislative: Carole Hopkins firstname.lastname@example.org 541-591-1805
- Public Lands: Carole Hopkins email@example.com 541-591-1805
- Trail Rides: Jackie Olden firstname.lastname@example.org 541-891-9149
- Work Parties: Steve Jewell email@example.com 541-887-9019
- Pack Clinic: Les Hathorn firstname.lastname@example.org 541-810-3665
Our May Pack Clinic Video
Come Join Us
Our General Meeting is on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at, 7:00 pm at the Sizzler Restaurant, 2506 S. 6th Street, Klamath Falls, OR. Contact- Carole Hopkins- 541-591-1805. Please See our Calendar for exact times and dates. Come find out who we are and what we are about. If you can’t make it to one of our meetings then come ride with us.