The High Desert Trail Riders Back Country Horsemen is dedicated to good horsemanship, good sportsmanship, the promotion of horse trails and trail horse facilities, to provide an active program of recreational riding.
Our active chapter has trail rides, pack trips, work parties, training clinics, and the Horse Packing and Wilderness Skills Clinic, which is the best educational event of its kind on the West Coast. We are involved with the Federal Agencies providing volunteer labor on trails and trail heads and work with them on management issues and regulations regarding equestrian use on Public Lands.
Follow Us on our Web Site at www.hdtrbch.org and don’t forget the Annual Horse Packing Wilderness Skills Clinic, May 5-7, 2017.
See our Chapter Calendar
Please subscribe to our calendar to view our events on our personal on-line calendar.
- President: Jim Icenbice email@example.com 541-892-2647
- Vice President: Betty Applebaker firstname.lastname@example.org 541-891-8220
- 2nd Vice President: Les Hathorn email@example.com 541-810-3665
- Past President: Carole Hopkins firstname.lastname@example.org 541-591-1805
- State Director: Lona Phipps 541-880-8851 email@example.com
- Secretary : Lona Phipps firstname.lastname@example.org 541-880-8851
- Treasurer: Maria Meister email@example.com 831-235-3031
- Dan Applebaker firstname.lastname@example.org 541-798-5005
- Debbie Hilbert SteveH@Lonesomeduck.com 541-783-2783
- Kelly Behr email@example.com 541-892-4844
- Ken Gudgeon 541-810-3777
- Brenda Teaford firstname.lastname@example.org 541-274-0746
- Jeremy Lorenz email@example.com 541-892-0457
- Steve Jewel firstname.lastname@example.org 541-887-9019
- Dick Strohkirch email@example.com 541-884-7884
- Education: Betty Applebaker firstname.lastname@example.org 541-891-8220
- Newsletter: Carole Hopkins email@example.com 541-591-1805
- Membership: Tammy Nivens firstname.lastname@example.org 541-786-1968
- Legislative: Carole Hopkins email@example.com 541-591-1805
- Public Lands: Carole Hopkins firstname.lastname@example.org 541-591-1805
- Trail Rides: Jackie Olden email@example.com 541-891-9149
- Work Parties: Steve Jewell firstname.lastname@example.org 541-887-9019
- Pack Clinic: Les Hathorn email@example.com 541-810-3665
Our May Pack Clinic Video
Come Join Us
Our General Meeting is on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at, 7:00 pm at the Sizzler Restaurant, 2506 S. 6th Street, Klamath Falls, OR. Contact- Carole Hopkins- 541-591-1805. Please See our Calendar for exact times and dates. Come find out who we are and what we are about. If you can’t make it to one of our meetings then come ride with us.