Back Country Horsemen of Oregon is a group of local men and women dedicated to the preservation of our right to the common sense use and enjoyment of pack and saddle stock in Oregon’s wilderness and backcountry, We are a nonprofit organization focused exclusively on ensuring public lands throughout Oregon remain accessible to equestrians. We actively work with all city, state and federal government agencies to maintain equestrian access to public lands.
Position: Marketing and Communications Intern
Back Country Horsemen of Oregon seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. You will be responsible for producing marketing and publicity programs and materials.
- Marketing and publicity materials Describing BCHO’s mission and public service. These materials would be brochures and poster displays for events that will be attended and for media usage.
- The media will also show the need for donations for projects that meet the BCHO mission.
- The media will show pictures of events and projects demonstrating members doing actual work, demonstrations, and education.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a well-known community based nonprofit organization.
- Update and maintain BCHO’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
- Assist in planning, writing and managing eNewsletter
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts, and other stories
- Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by BCHO
- Update the BCHO website when needed on related projects
- Reach out to the community organizations, the general public, and other BCH Chapters
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Google G-Suite, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop highly desired.
- Knowledge of HTML, WordPress and graphic design a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of BCHO.
Position open until filled, requires 3 to 6 month commitment.
8 – 12 hours/week.
This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship, but compensation can be negotiable.
Please a send cover letter and resume to:
President of BCHO